Uniac are market leaders in the provision of internal audit services to the Higher Education sector. We work across all of the UK.
Our team is made up of people with a complementary blend of professional qualifications and experience. To find out more about our specific offerings, please select one of the areas below:
- Academic Governance
- Competition and Markets Authority Compliance
- Data and HEFCE/HESA returns
- Data Protection and General Data Protection Regulation
- Environment and Estates
- Financial Systems and Processes
- Fraud Prevention, Detection and Investigation
- Grant Audit and Grant Record Keeping
- Higher Education Compliance Requirements
- Human Resources
- Project Assurance
- Research and Enterprise
- Risk Management
- Student Experience (and Supporting Processes)
- UK Visas and Immigration
- Universities UK Accommodation Code
- Value for Money
For more information on these or any other area of Higher Education auditing, please do get in touch.
uniac talk to our specialists
- Ian is Uniac's Head of IT Assurance.
- He has twenty-five years' internal audit experience across a range of sectors, including at the Bank of England, as well as heading the IT Assurance team in a "Big 4" practice.
- Ian has significant Higher Education experience and combines an understanding of the wider IT environment and the particular needs of the Higher Education sector.
- With rules constantly changing, Joe keeps abreast of the latest developments through his contacts at the UKVI including discussions on our audit approach to ensure this is compliant with expectations.
- In a similar vein, Joe has kept himself up to date with the revised requirements and has carried out full compliance audits across our member institutions.
Richard is a Director at Uniac. He has over twenty years’ experience of auditing within the HE sector and has held similar roles within the private and NHS sectors.
He holds the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors qualification and offers extensive experience of leading governance audits for Uniac members and non-members alike. In addition, he has chaired the Audit Committee for a HEI for the last four years and has also been a Chair of the Audit Committee and Finance Committee (at different times) within a large six form college.
Richard leads Uniac’s extensive value adding services including the organisation of the annual audit forum and the various topical sessions which are aimed at non-executives and senior management teams.
- Sean is the Lead Director of Uniac.
- He has twenty years' experience in higher education covering all aspects of university accountability, funding, governance and management.
- His particular interests are in student recruitment, admissions and retention; together with workforce planning and performance management and development of staff.
- Prior to joining Uniac he qualified as a chartered accountant which he later supplemented with an MBA. He worked both in practice and in banking - both of which were excellent training grounds for his current role.
- Outside of the sector, he chairs an audit committee within an arts organisation.
- Silla has a background in marketing and uses this knowledge when undertaking audits of student admissions and recruitment.
- She has extensive experience of enrolment, retention and student experience reviews across our member institutions.
- Graduated in 2011 with a 1st class degree in Mathematics and Computer Science from the University of Liverpool and joined Uniac as a trainee auditor.
- Tom is studying for the CIMA qualification.
Uniac apply a high level of independence and integrity.Uniac Member